April 7, 2010

Back Home

I went home to Massachusetts for Easter. It was a difficult weekend. Several phone calls to the police, a sleepless night, much worry and unease--it was hard to be home, but even harder to leave. I have spent several days deciding not only what I will share on my blog, but also how much I will share with my friends. I think in most situations, I typically choose to keep things to myself when there is doubt. I have never regretted keeping personal stories personal, but I have definitely experienced times where I have shared and then had a verbal hangover after realizing the amount of information I put out there. I always try to ask myself two questions: Do I want sympathy? Do I want advice? While sympathy is always nice to receive, I just never feel right about seeking it or about people who actively seek it from others. In this case, I really don't need advice. My weekend and missed day of work can only be summed up by letting people know I am contemplative and grateful for my family.  I returned to DC on Monday night and things seem back to normal both here and at home. Easter Sunday, itself, turned out to be quite nice--warm weather, good food, amazing family.

This boy makes me smile.
















  
       My Youngest Cousin


I also went to see my nieces' skating show on Saturday after being awake for the better part of 30 straight hours (the things I do for these girls!)  I taught them to ice skate when they were 3 and 6 and my sister signed them up for group lessons about two years later. Unfortunately, I have been living in DC since then and have not been able to oversee their skating career quite as closely as I would like ;)  This Shrek-themed performance was the first real show that I have been able to attend in the past four years! 













My Nieces                              

No comments:

Post a Comment