March 3, 2010

Healthcare: An American Cry for Help

Rarely do I watch TV news anymore or the popular cable pundits. With all the bias and the BS filling up the airwaves, I just prefer to get my information elsewhere. I will frequently find a video clip amusing, but I am generally only moved by the written word. So I was genuinely surprised when this fourteen minute clip from the Countdown with Keith Olbermann--on a subject that I have already thought about and suppressed rage over its distortion--managed to move me to tears.

I look forward to the healthcare bill passing--whether it takes a gimmick like reconciliation to do it or not. I feel confident that the final legislation will include many poorly thought-out provisions, which cost too much money, and don't help people enough. I also feel confident that a perfect solution to our nation's woes will never be worked out in Congress and will require the enactment of a "best effort". And I feel utterly certain that when problems do arise, our lawmakers will respond to voter's cries and make any changes necessary.  It is the only path to a real solution.

At this point, my first hope is that we have learned from last fall's "death panel" debacle and the appropriate decision on this issue will be made before passing this legislation. I would further lay out my argument on this subject, but Keith Olbermann does more than a sufficient job of it for me:


No comments:

Post a Comment